Who we are
Our website address is: https://yournett.com/
- Despite the governance by South African privacy laws, We undertake to use our best endeavours to comply with international privacy standards, including but not limited to the European General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”), when collecting and/or processing Your Personal Information.
- YOURNETT’s information is as follows:
- Full name: Yournett (Pty) Ltd;
- Registration number: 2020/936670/07;
- Main business: the provision of an online platform comprising a marketplace where
- vendors and consumers can be introduced and contract for services.
- Information Officer: Kacey Binder (CEO)
- Phone number: +27 72 755 5617
- Official email address: email@example.com
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- We undertake to respect Your privacy and to use our best endeavours to comply with the conditions of processing Your Personal Information, as set out by the POPI Act.
- By accepting our terms and conditions of use and by creating Your user profile on the Online Platform, You consent to the lawful, necessary and reasonable processing of Your Personal Information by Yournett, which consent may at any time be withdrawn by deleting Your user profile, or contacting us via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
7.1. Your full name and surname and/or registered name of Your business;
7.2. Your email address;
7.3. Your city or town of residence or where Your business ordinarily trades;
7.4. The country in which You reside or in which Your business is located;
7.5. Your mobile number; and
7.6. Account numbers.
- The purpose for collecting Your Personal Information as listed above in 7.1 to 7.5 is to create Your profile on the Online Platform, enabling You to post jobs or bid on jobs posted on the Online Platform as a user thereof; to identify You as a user; to locate You and to enable users who may choose to contract with one another to view their respective proximate locations in order to establish whether the performance under such contracting would reasonably be possible; and to enable Yournett to contact You when necessary or desired. The supply of Your Personal Information is voluntary, but shall be mandatory in order for You to create a profile on the Online Platform for the use thereof and failure to provide us with Your required Personal Information will prevent You from creating Your user profile and/or usage of the Online Platform.
- Account numbers shall be provided only for the purposes of payment and will be collected by Your chosen payment platform only. Yournett shall process, collect and/or keep no records of Your account numbers, save for instances where it is necessary or otherwise required to refund or pay an amount due to a user.
- You may choose to provide additional personal information to us, in which event You agree to provide accurate and current information, and not to impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent Your affiliation with anyone or anything.
- We will not, without Your express consent, use Your Personal Information for any purpose, other than as set out below:
11.1. in relation to the provision of the Services;
11.2. to contact You regarding current or new Services offered by us or any of our divisions, affiliates and/or partners or Vendors (unless You have unsubscribed from receiving marketing material from us);
11.3. to inform You of new features, special offers and promotional competitions offered by us or any of our divisions, affiliates and/or partners (unless You have unsubscribed from receiving marketing material from us); and
11.4. We will not disclose Your Personal Information to any third party, other than as set out below:
- to our employees and/or third-party service providers who assist us to interact with You via the Online Platform, by email or any other method, in the course of providing the Services or to Vendors to facilitate an introduction;
- to our divisions, affiliates and/or partners (including their employees and/or third-party service providers) in order for them to interact directly with You via email or any other method for purposes of sending You marketing material regarding any current or new services, new features, special offers or promotional items offered by them (unless You have unsubscribed from receiving marketing material from us);
- to our service providers (under contract with us) who assist with parts of our business operations (fraud prevention, marketing, technology services etc). However, these service providers may only use Your Personal Information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
316 Thabo Sehume Street
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
You consent to us using Your ratings and reviews of the Online Platform as We deem fit, including without limitation, on the Online Platform, in newsletters or other marketing material. The name that will appear next to that rating or review is Your first or registered name, as You would have provided upon registration. If You do not agree to this, please do not put any ratings or reviews on the Online Platform.
Yournett undertakes to –
- treat Your personal information as strictly confidential, save where We are entitled or obligated by law to share it as set out in this policy;
- take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that Your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
- provide You with access to Your Personal Information to view and/or update personal details;
- promptly notify You if We become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of Your Personal Information;
- provide You with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable notice and request; and
- upon Your request, promptly return or destroy any and all of Your Personal Information in our possession or control, save for that which We are legally obliged to retain.
Emails & Notifications
Kindly advise if You do not wish to receive any direct telephone marketing or to receive any direct electronic marketing from us. We will store Your personal information for the purpose to action this request and action it as soon as reasonably possible.
- If You do not disable “cookies”, You are deemed to consent to our use of any Personal Information collected using those cookies, subject to the provisions of this clause.
- To the extent that the terms and conditions or the Online Platform contains references to other Online Platforms, outside of YOURNETT’s control, YOURNETT is not responsible for the practices and policies, privacy, cookies and otherwise, of those third parties.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We do not intend to transfer Your Personal Information to any third-party countries, save for instances where it may be necessary or in Your best interest, in which circumstances We will require Your explicit consent prior to any transfer thereof.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
We will not retain Your Personal Information longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless We are required by law to do so, or You consent to us retaining such information for a longer period and/or further processing thereof.
What rights you have over your data
IYou have the right to object to the processing of Your personal information. It is voluntary to accept these terms and conditions. However, We require Your acceptance to enable You to use this Online Platform and to provide You with access to use our Services.
You contact us to request records of the Personal Information that We hold on You and You have an obligation to notify us, as soon as reasonably possible, if any of Your personal information held by us changed or is no longer valid to ensure our records are up to date. You can update Your Personal Information telephonically or per email.
Where we send your data
- We are entitled to use or disclose Your Personal Information if such use or disclosure is required in order to comply with any applicable law, subpoena, order of court or legal process served on us, or to protect and defend our rights or property. In the event of a fraudulent online payment, We are entitled to disclose relevant Personal Information for criminal investigation purposes or in line with any other legal obligation for disclosure of the personal information which may be required of it.
- We will ensure that all of our employees, third-party service providers, divisions, affiliates and partners (including their employees and third party service providers) with access to Your personal information are bound by written and legally binding confidentiality obligations in relation to Your personal information.
- If You share Your personal information with any third parties, We will not be responsible for any loss suffered by You.
- By accepting our terms and conditions, You agree that We may transfer Your personal information outside of South Africa if You give us an email address that is hosted outside South Africa. We will ensure that any country, company or person that We pass Your personal information to agrees to treat Your information with the same level of protection as We are required to.
- We undertake not to sell, rent or provide Your personal information to unauthorised third parties, without Your prior explicit consent.
- We cannot guarantee or accept any liability whatsoever for unauthorised or unlawful disclosures of Your personal information, whilst in our possession, made by third parties who are not subject to our control, unless such disclosure is as a result of our gross negligence.